As we don’t have sidewalks in Blackhawk, many of our children and our adults ride their bicycles in our streets. We would like to remind everyone of a few bicycle and pedestrian safety tips.
Drivers are reminded to be on the lookout for bicycle riders.
Cyclists are reminded:
- Be sure to wear reflective, bright clothing, especially if riding at night.
- Lights are also required on all bicycles for night driving.
- Helmets are required by law.
- Ride on the same side of the street as the vehicles going in your direction.
- Bicycles are required to obey the same rules as vehicles.
- Look both ways before crossing any streets.
- Don’t block roadways.
We also see many pedestrians take to our streets. Adults tend to enjoy long walks through our tree-lined neighborhoods. Children seem to move about from place to place or play games on quieter streets.
Drivers, please keep an eye out for all pedestrians.
Pedestrians, please keep an eye out for all vehicles.
It is always a good idea to stop, look, and listen before entering and crossing the street.
Stay safe and healthy during this holiday season.
By The Blackhawk Homeowners Association